How can we help?
Dietitians have a unique role in food allergy and intolernace. We can assist with:
- Maternal elimination diets
- Specialised infant formulas
- Introduction of solids
- Maternal diet and breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding and infant formula
- Travelling with food allergy
- Adequate nutrition
- Food challenges
- Education on avoiding allergens
- Food labelling
- Food intolerance, including FODMAPs and food chemical investigation
Food allergy is increasing in Australia. We know that food allergy occurs in around 10% of infants and 2% of adults. The most common triggers are:
- Cow's milk
- Tee nuts
We also work with individuals with:
- Food protein induced enteropathy
- Food protein induced proctocolitis
- Food protein induced enterocolitis (FPIES)
- Eosinophilic oesophagitis (EoE)
- Oral Allergy Syndrome
- Food Dependent Exercise Induced Anaphylaxis (FDEIA)
FODMAPs are a collection of short chain carbohydrates that can trigger gut symptoms in people with IBS. We’re here to help you determine your triggers and find ways of eating that is varied, relaxed and most suited to your body.
We work with safe investigation, elimination, food challenges and ultimately liberalising the diet whilst maintaining adequate symptom management.
Did you know about 15% of the world’s population is affected by IBS?
RPAH Food Chemical Investigation, Elimination and Reintroduction
Some people are sensitive to naturally occurring food chemicals, including:
- Additives and preservatives
We are able to safely guide you through food investigation, elimination and reintroduction.